We are committed to making sure you are satisfied with our products. Your order is inspected prior to shipment to ensure all items are in excellent condition and packaged properly. In very rare instances it is possible that damages may occur during shipment. Before signing off for the shipment, please inspect the carton and if you notice any damage please notify us immediately via email at email@example.com or call us at (866) 966-9687.
Please follow these helpful steps on all Freight (larger and heavier items) Shipments before signing the Bill of Lading (BOL) or Delivery Receipt
- Make sure that the number of pallets on the Bill of Lading or Delivery Receipt matches the number of pallets received. If there are any discrepancies please note it on the delivery receipt and notify Electric Fireplaces Inc immediately.
- Make sure that the number of pieces on the pallet received matches the number of pieces on the Bill of Lading (BOL) or Delivery Receipt. If there are any discrepancies please note it on the delviery receipt and notify Electric Fireplaces Inc immediately.
- Inspect each item packaging for any external damage. If damages are found be sure to mark if on the Bill of Lading (BOL) and Delivery Receipt.
- If external damage is present, open the box and inspect for internal damage. If damages are found please be sure to note it on the Bill of Lading (BOL) and Delivery Receipt.
ATTENTION: You have to mark any found damages or missing items on the Bill of Lading (BOL) and Delviery Receipt prior to signing the document. If you sign the document without marking any damages it will legally state that you have received the order in good condition. Electric Fireplaces Inc or shipping companies will not accept responsibility for a damaged shipment if it is not noted as such on the driver's delviery receipt. Damage must be noted at the time of delivery.
- If there is no visible external damage then you can sign the Bill of Lading (BOL) and Delivery Receipt
- Even though there may not be any visible damages during the time of delivery we strongly urge you to inspect your items for any inside concealed damages after the driver leaves.
NOTICE: You have 24 hours to notify us of any shipping damages. Please call us at (866) 966-9687. Electric Fireplaces Inc or shipping companies will not accept responsibility for any concealed damaged shipment if the shipping company is not notified within 48 hours of delivery.
If you are unable to inspect the contents at the time of delivery, make a note on the Bill of Lading (BOL) that there appears to be some damage to the contents and that you were not able to inspect the contents before signing. You then have 24 hours to initiate a damage claim with us.